The fabulous Anoiteceu was introduced in 1966 by Leny Eversong at the II Festival da Música Popular Brasileira. The show was performed at the Teatro Record de São Paulo, and was issued on record as Viva o Festival da Música Popular Brasileira. Along with Lá Vem o Bloco, the song was one of two entries in the competition by Leny Eversong, both also issued on single.
After the success of the I Festival da Música Popular Brasileira, hosted by TV Excelsior in 1965, with its winner Arrastão, written by Edú Lobo and Vinícius de Moraes and performed by Elis Regina, several TV stations were eager to host their own song festival, too. In 1966, it was TV Record’s turn with 36 final entries selected from a total of 2,635 songs being submitted from all over the country, and featured acts such as Hebe Camargo, Elizeth Cardoso, Chico Buarque, Maysa and Geraldo Vandré
Although Anoiteceu could not prevail in the finals, it stands out as one of Francis Hime’s finest songs, beautifully performed by Leny Eversong in front of a lushly arranged orchestra. Anoiteceu was picked up by Zimbo Trio the year after its introduction as the opening track on their brilliant album É Tempo de Samba – Zimbo Trio e Cordas. Also Joyce Moreno chose Anoiteceu, arranged by Lindolpho Gaya, as the opening tracks on her self-titled debut album in 1968.
Francis Hime himself recorded Anoiteceu only in 1977, subsequently, his version was also used for the soundtrack of the TV series Sinal de Alerta the next year.
Selected recordings of Anoiteceu:
1. Leny Eversong from the album Viva o Festival da Música Popular Brasileira – II Festival da Música Popular Brasileira (1966, Artistas Unidos/Rozenblit LP 70000)
2. Zimbo Trio from the album É Tempo de Samba – Zimbo Trio e Cordas (1967, RGE XRLP 5312)
3. Joyce Moreno from the album Joyce (1968, Philips R 765.036 L)
4. Nara Leão from the album Nara Leão (1968, Philips R 765.051 L)
5. Francis Hime from the album Passaredo (1977, Som Livre 403.6139) and the soundtrack of Sinal de Alerta (1978, Som Livre 403.6166)
A luz morreu • O céu perdeu a cor • Anoiteceu • No nosso grande amor
Ah, leva a solidão de mim • Tira esse amor dos olhos meus • Tira a tristeza ruim do adeus • Que ficou em mim, que não sai de mim • Pelo amor de Deus • Vem suavizar a dor • Dessa paixão que anoiteceu • Vem e apaga do corpo meu • Cada beijo seu • Porque foi assim • Que ela me enlouqueceu • Fatal • Cruel, cruel demais • Mas não faz mal • Quem ama não tem paz
Mas não faz mal • Quem ama não tem paz