É Fácil Dizer Adeus was introduced in 1960 by singer Elizeth Cardoso and tenor saxophonist Moacyr Silva on their collaboration album Sax – Voz. It was arranged by José Carlos Pacheco aka Pachequinho and featured an all-star ensemble including Aurino on baritone sax, Ed Maciel on trombone, Julinho Barbosa on trumpet and Chaim Lewak on piano amongst others.
The next year, both Tito Madi himself and Alda Perdigão released the song on 7”. While Tito Madi’s version with its distinctive intro, arranged and conducted by Lyrio Panicali, was chosen only as B-side to Chorou Chorou, Alda Perdigão’s rendition was issued as A-side to Carlos Gonzaga’s O Rock é Bom.
Although É Fácil Dizer Adeus remains as one of Tito Madi’s best known songs, its initial success was rather moderate. This might be due to the fact that O Amor e a Rosa became the big hit from Sax – Voz while Menina Moça, Carinho e Amor and Ternura Antiga were Tito Madi’s popular hits at the time.
In 1966, Walter Wanderley included the final version of the song on his album Rain Forest which he recorded in the USA for Verve.
Selected recordings of É Fácil Dizer Adeus:
1. Elizeth Cardoso & Moacyr Silva from the album Sax – Voz (1960, Copacabana CLP 11157)
2. Tito Madi from the album Canção dos Olhos Tristes (1961, Columbia LPCB 37137)
3. Alda Perdigão from the album Alda Perdigão (1961, RCA Victor BBL 1131)
4. Erlon Chaves from the album Em Tempo de Samba (1961, RCA Victor BBL 1157)
5. Maysa from the album Maysa, Amor… e Maysa (1961, RGE XRLP 5121)
6. Sidney from the album Isto é Dança (1961, Columbia LPCB 37191)
7. Conjunto Flamingo from the album Apresentando o Conjunto Flamingo (1962, Audio Fidelity AFLP 1990)
8. Trio Penumbra from the album Señora Tentación (1962, Musicolor/Continental MLP 9042)
9. Norberto Baldauf from the album Retorna (1962, Philips P 632.102 L)
10. Cyro Pereira from the album Música dos Astros (1962, Continental PPL 12014)
11. Orquestra Brasileira de Espetáculos from the album Boleros em Orquestra Vol. 2 (1962, Columbia LPCB 37220)
Selected recording of É Fácil Dizer Adeus originally not issued in Brazil:
1. Walter Wanderley from the album Rain Forest (1966, Verve Records [USA] V6-8658)
É FÁCIL DIZER ADEUS
É fácil dizer adeus • Sabendo que vai voltar • E fácil dar a entender • Que não vai sofrer
Que o amor deve terminar • E tudo chegar ao fim • Meu deus que simplicidade dizer • Um adeus assim
Difícil dizer adeus • Sabendo que o coração • Soluça dentro da gente • Sem parar então
Olhar sem nada dizer • Chorar sem se envergonhar • Difícil dizer adeus • O adeus para não voltar