Amor Demais was introduced in 1961 by saxophonist Zito Righi on his debut album Sax de Ouro. Although co-composer Silvio César was featured as guest vocalist on this album with Parti, the song was recorded as an instrumental.
The first vocal version of Amor Demais was recorded by Ted Moreno in 1962 on his album Receita de Saudade. Silvio César recorded the song only in early 1963 as the title track on his debut album, accompanied by Ed Lincoln’s band and featuring Waltel Branco on guitar.
Amor Demais is one of about a dozen compositions by Silvio César in collaboration with Ed Lincoln including Parti, Vivendo e Aprendendo, Nunca Mais and Olhou Pra Mim.
Selected recordings of Amor Demais:
1. Zito Righi from the album O Sax de Ouro (1961, Musidisc XPL-15)
2. Ted Moreno from the album Receita de Saudade (1962, Copacabana CLP 11247)
3. Silvio César from the album Amor Demais (1963, Musidisc Hi-Fi 2074)
4. Lila de Oliveira from the album Gosto a Noite (1963, CBS 3728)
5. Cauby Peixoto from the album Cauby Interpreta (1964, RCA Victor BBL 1260)
6. Elis Regina & Zimbo Trio from the album O Fino do Fino (1965, Philips P 632.780 L)
A canção é o lamento do amor demais • Quem chorou, quem sofreu • Quem perdeu a paz • Vem dizer na canção • O que chorou seu coração
Vem, a noite é linda, vem cantar • Vem, toda a tristeza vai passar • Só assim tu serás • Amor sem fim, amor demais