Só Vou de Balanço was introduced in September 1963 on TV in the highly popular “Times Square Show”. The Broadway inspired evening show basically consisted of a sequence of humorous scenes and showcased numerous of João Roberto Kelly’s songs. It was produced and aired by TV Excelsior in Rio de Janeiro from 1963 to 1965. The 1964 soundtrack album included Só Vou de Balanço performed by Zélia Hoffman and Paulo Celestino in a medley arranged by Alexandre Gnatalli.
On record, Só Vou de Balanço was introduced in late 1963 by Miltinho as the swinging opening track on his album Bossa & Balanço. João Roberto Kelly recorded his own version with Luís Reis on their 1964 album Samba em 4 Mãos.
Selected recordings of Só Vou de Balanço:
1. Miltinho from the album Bossa e Balanço (1963, RGE XRLP 5221)
2. João Roberto Kelly & Luís Reis from the album Samba em 4 Mãos (1964, RCA Victor BBL 1270)
3. 5 no Balanço from the album 5 no Balanço (1964, RCA Victor BBL 1266)
4. Os Poligonais from the album Os Poligonais (1964, RCA Victor BBL 1293)
5. Corisco & Os Sambaloucos from the album Incêndio no Samba (1965, Philips P 632.741 L)
Selected medleys including Só Vou de Balanço:
1. Zélia Hoffman and Paulo Celestino from the album Times Square Show (1964, RCA Victor BBL 1289)